“The Sacred Art of Prayer & Battling the Yetzer Hara” Syllabus
CMY’s Winter Women’s Bible Study with Rebbetzin Keturah
December 2016-February 2017
December 10th & 17th, 2016 @ 4pm-6pm with Live streaming & Chatroom open online
January 28th, 2017 @ 4pm-6pm with Live streaming & Chatroom open online
February 25th, 2017 @ 4pm-6pm with Live streaming & Chatroom open online
Resources used in this class by Rebbetzin Keturah:
- First Steps in Messianic Jewish Prayer by Aaron Eby (Messianic Jewish Book)
- Understanding the Purpose & Power of Prayer by Dr. Myles Munroe (Christian Book)
- A Jewish Woman’s Prayer Book edited by Aliza Lavie (Jewish Italian prayer Book)
- Women’s Wisdom: The Garden of Peace for Women by Rabbi Shalom Arush (Jewish Breslov book)
- Battle Plans: How to Fight the Yetzer Hara by Rebbetzin Tzipporah Heller & Sara Yoheved Rigler (Orthodox Jewish Book)
Topics of discussion:
- Why pray & how do we benefit from it?
- Definition of prayer & understanding the purpose & power of it
- What does HaShem expect from us before we pray & when we pray?
- What happens when we pray?
- Discuss how we suffer when we ignore praying.
- The role of gratitude when in need of an answer from HaShem
- Physical aspects of proper prayer life for a woman
- The role of women within religious lifestyle where prayer is concerned
- Discuss the role of community prayer life & personal prayer life-hibotidut
- How to use Prayer to fight spiritual battles?
- Define the yetzer hara and understand its power
- Give you solutions and alternatives when dealing with life situations
- Show you that we lack nothing in this life
- Talk about how doing chesed leaves no room for the yetzer hara to take place
You will need a Bible, notepad, pen and an open heart.